Cataloguing the writing and production of my first CD, Ana!og puNk.
It’s been a few weeks since I’ve put pen to paper (or digit to QWERTY) so I thought I should say a few words to update on my progress. As ever, I have fingers in many pies, and seem to be adding more pies daily!
So, as an overview, here’s what I currently have on my plate:
1. My priority remains the Analog Punk CD. Progress has been slow recently, in part due to me taking on so many other projects. The writing is all but finished; just need to record, mix and master. I have a collection now of 26 songs. I am uncertain at this point what will and will not be included on the album. I have a clear idea that some of the recordings will only appear on a limited edition CD, and will not appear in digital form anywhere other than on my computer. I’m considering a remix album also; possibly asking fellow musicians to remix or re-interpret some of these songs. My self-imposed deadline of 27th May is now not possible, so I have a tentative release date of 27th July.
2. FUNT is a cloud band that I am involved with which comprises Craig Manga, Corbin Roof, Icicle Boy, Comfort Within Noise, and myself. The first two musical projects are well underway; We are working on a remix of Craig Manga’s Motorcycle Death Song (the Route 666 Mix), and have an original track titled The Tentacled Love Beast (for which I have recorded a Barry White style vocal intro!).
3. One track from Analog Punk was played on Keith Whitham’s Wired show on globegigradio.com. A positive response was received with this new direction in sound, which bodes well for the album (phew!).
4. I could be heard singing (?really!) on the BBC on Saturday 16th May; my track, 8-bit City was broadcast on BBC Introducing.
5. The 5 track Shock Absorber EP is released on 27th May, through my bandcamp page and also via WEATNU. There is a theme running through the tracks on this release, which tells of an eventful night out for some ill-fated party animal…
Track 1: TILTBACK – kicks the evening off with some chilled music.
Track 2: SPINEGRINDER – steps up a gear with some wild dancing to some wild music
Track 3: PUNCHDRUNK – things take a turn for the worst after a drunken brawl leaves our party-goer in a critical condition
Track 4: SPINEGRINDER (THORACOLUMBAR TRAUMA) – Medics at the emergency unit discover serious spinal problems. Brought on through dancing, or fighting?
Track 5: SHOCK ABSORBER – heart arrythmia is discovered and the patient goes into shock. The evening ends with medics performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
6. One month on from the Shock Absorber release a further EP will be out on June 27th. This will be a remix/redux of the TILTBACK track. Mixes by fellow artists are being worked on this coming week.
7. I am remixing Burn You by Jan Doyle Band.
8. I am going to be remixing It Was Nothing by Meter Bridge
9. I have started writing a track called EXIT HOMOSAPIEN for the Electronomicon compilation album, Transhumanism.
10. I am also involved in a new collaborative project with two electronic artists (more details soon) and will possibly be releasing a 3 track EP.
11. Finally, I have another collaboration with a 2 track EP planned for later this year (should take everyone by surprise).
I’ll say no more